How do I pay for school lunches and visits?

To make a payment for school lunches or educational visits, please visit the school office. Online payments can be made. Cheques (payable to: Create Learning Trust) and cash for school lunches can be posted in the post box at the front of school in a clearly labelled envelope. If you have a query, please contact the school office on 01606 883298 for assistance.


I wish to take my child out of school for a holiday

If you wish to apply for a leave of absence for your child, please make sure that you have referred to the Policy (which can be downloaded from the website).  

Due to changes in legislation now mean that only requests in exceptional circumstances will be granted. Guidance from the DfE can be found here.

If parents make the decision to go ahead and take their children out of school for a family holiday this will be documented as an unauthorised absence and fixed penalty fine may be issued. The fine is £60 per parent per child for the episode of absence. A leave of absence request form must still be completed and returned to the Headteacher.

Fixed Penalty Notice Amendments

From 1st September 2013 the amendments to 2007 regulations will reduce the timescales for paying a Fixed Penalty Notice.  Parents will have 21 days  instead of 28 days to pay the £60 if unpaid the fine will double to £120 and parents will have 28 days instead of 42 days to pay.


How do I apply for a place for my child at Sandiway Primary School?

To apply for Reception places in our school you must do so through Cheshire West and Chester's Admissions Team. 

School Admissions, Cheshire West & Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford. CW7 1AH Tel:  0300 123 7039

You can also apply online. For more information, please visit: www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/admissions

For in-year admissions, please contact the school directly.

To arrange a viewing of the school prior to making an application, please contact school. If your child is a new reception starter, please look out for dates of important open evenings on our homepage and calendar. 


My child has to attend an appointment, what shall I do?

Please notify the school office giving details of the time and date of the appointment.  

On the day, collect your child from the reception area.  You will be asked to sign your child out of school to ensure we follow our health and safety guidelines.  When they have been to the appointment please return your child through the main entrance where you will sign them back in to school. It would be helpful if you could also let the class teacher know too.


I need to inform school of a change of address/phone number.

It is vital that we hold up-to-date records for you and your child. If you have moved house or changed your phone number then please contact the admin team and pass on your new details. You can contact the admin team by telephone 01606 883298 or by email admin@sandiway.cheshire.sch.uk


I need to inform school of a change in my child's medical needs.

If there has been a change in your child's medical needs then please contact the admin team and pass on your this new information. You can contact the admin team by telephone 01606 883298 or by email admin@sandiway.cheshire.sch.uk. The information will be passed on to the Headteacher and the class teacher.  In some cases a medical care plan may be necessary and so we will contact you to complete this.  If you are unsure then please do not hesitate to ask. If you would also mention this to your child's class teacher that would be helpful too. 


Where can I park when I drop off at school?

The staff car park is strictly for school staff use. However, you may wish to use this car park for dropping off/collecting for before/after school care - this can be done before 8.15am. The Village Car Park can be used by all visitors to the school and is only a short walk away. Please do not park in the 'drop off zone'. There are two disabled car parking spaces at the front of school for disabled users only. In addition, the Village Hall has a large car park which is a five minute walk away from school.

Please make sure that you park in the surrounding streets responsibly, i.e. not blocking driveways, parked on or too close to corners, blocking walkways or crossings etc.  We believe that neighbours to the school should feel valued and that they are treated with respect. This is obviously modelled to our children by yourselves and the staff.

The local PCSO may issue fixed penalty notices to people who fail to comply with The Highway Code.

Thank you for helping us to look after the safety of the children in our care.


Where do I buy a school uniform?

School uniform is available from our uniform supplier in Northwich


My child has lost an item of clothing, what should we do?

Clothing is expensive and we do our very best to ensure that any misplaced items are reunited with their owners.  For this to happen successfully we do need parents and carers to ensure that all articles of clothing are clearly named.  If we know that an item is named then we will be able return it to its owner.  If it is not named then this makes it very difficult to help you. If your child has lost an item then please ask the class teacher. If they can not help then go to the Office and the school admin team will be able to direct you to any lost property.


Can my child have a water bottle in school?

Yes, we encourage a clean water bottle (named) to be brought each day into school. These are kept in the classrooms. They can be refilled from the water coolers we have in school.


How can I make a complaint about something I am not happy with?

The school's complaints policy can be found here.


Sandiway Primary School

Weaverham Road, Sandiway, Cheshire, CW8 2ND

01606 883298admin@sandiway.cheshire.sch.uk